BattleTech: From the Ground Up

Session III

Session Started: March 9, 3073
Session Ended: March 13, 3073

On the Sunday the group of Knights were moved out of the Marques’ Estate and housed in the newly created Diplomat Building a well furnished Hotel turned government building.

Monday was spent with the Athyla and Kalyca making a trip to the Quarter separately as Athyla made contact with Seven Trees Mayor Ranko Harvey and then later talked to the Quarter’s High Mayor Glen Stevens to gain his support of the Knight’s Chapter House. Meanwhile Kalyca looked into the makeup and abilities of the Quarter’s law enforcement groups. She learned that not all of the Neighborhoods had law enforcement and the ones that did didn’t work together. Kalyca would meet face to face with the Sheriff of Seven Trees a young man named Even Lawrence who turned out to be the grandson of a famous Knight of Randis. After talking with Evan Kalyca would make contact with the other three law enforcement group with mixed reactions from friendly and neutral too rude.

On Tuesday the group of Knights went before the Cogdell Senate who were to hear arguments and then vote for or against allowing the Knights of Randis to establish a Chapter House on planet. The Knights were allowed to have speakers on their behave come before the Senate that list included the Heir Marque Rayne Sims, Diplomat Darmond Williams, Cogdell Militia Commander Joel Drocat, Cogdell Education Management CEO Shira Lorance, and Hangman’s Quarter High Mayor Glen Stevens. After the speakers finished the floor was opened for debate and the arguments that broke out were load with many voice for and against, with a good portion of the voice against being Senators backed by VOS inc. and in the end it was the Marque Edward Sims that came up with a compromise. Taking up a statement made by one if the Senators against the knights Edward word a challenge for the knights that if they could deal with a rogue terrorist good that was threatening the food supplies for the cities then the Senate would recognize the knights Chapter House without arguments. The group of knights agreed to this challenge and went about that evening setting up plains with Commander Joel Drocat on how to work with the Cogdell Defense Force to take on the threat to the cities. Before the night was over one more meeting would take place as Heir Marque Rayne Sims would come to the knights and request to be allowed to join them on their mission after some debate and after getting Rayne’s word that she would fallow Mark Turner’s commands it was decided that she would be allowed join the mission.

Wednesday stated off early for the knights as Athyla set up a ‘photo-op’ for the knights as the space port where their mechs were being held. The scene was set with the knight’s mechs and the mech of the Heir Marque out on a landing field ready to be lifted off by Planetlifter Air Transports. The knight and Rayne received a blessing from Father Cample Farrady, the priest that has accompanied them to Cogdell, with the help from the monk Brother Brandon and Athyla’s daughter Winry Renton. There were many reporters there all by invitation from Athyla but the Militia reporters were given near unlimited access of the event. After takeoff from the space port the group flew towards a mountain lake that would be their staging area for this mission about half way Kalyca would split off from the group to take up her position traveling with the train along the railways that have been attacked them most. The rest of the group would reach the staging base, little more that a field camp set up by two platoons for Militia Infantry. While waiting from word from Kalyca Mark and Rayne would spend time learning the operation of each other’s mechs as Mark would be piloting Rayne’s Wolfhound and she his Firestarter in the upcoming mission. Kalyca would spend the morning hours and evening hours on the train and only getting rest for four hours during the noon time and at night as a attack didn’t happen that day.

Thursday, was spent by the Athyla working alongside the Militia Communication Officers listening to radio and other communication traffic for signs of a attack by their target while Mark and Rayne worked more on getting use to the mech they would be piloting and Rayne learning the in and outs of fighting with knights. Meanwhile Kalyca was stuck on a train for several hours during the early hours of daybreak and then later during the evening. It was at 2037 hours that she would pick up a large group of vouches of unknown type numbering 12 on the edge of her sensor range. Kalyca told the conductor of the train that the attack could be up ahead and she radioed the rest of the knights who were on alert and quickly moved to their mechs and takeoff.


dragontree dragontree

I'm sorry, but we no longer support this web browser. Please upgrade your browser or install Chrome or Firefox to enjoy the full functionality of this site.